Menteso has in-depth technical skills, knowledge of market space and understanding of various parameters associated with patents which helps in mining the patents as per your requirements. Menteso has created proprietary processes with the help of its experience of mining through more than 100000 patents in various domains including electronics, telecommunication, computers and networking etc. You might require our mining services in the following situations:
• If you plan to monetize your patent portfolio or if you plan to invest in patents of specific company;
• If you plan to divest in your non-performing patent assets; or
• If you plan to invest in good patents assets of specific technology.
When you have a list of mined patents, at times, you need to bucket/categorize the patents as per the technology taxonomy or products taxonomy i.e. you may want to categorize patents into smaller sets from large set of patents based on a specif technology area. For this categorization/bucketing one needs a special skillset which is a mix of products market knowledge and corresponding technologies. Menteso’s team has developed expertise in patent bucketing/categorization through its experience in technology bucketing/categorization for various clients. You’ll need bucketing in the following situations:
• If you have a list of assets for monetization from your patent portfolio;
• If you have a list of assets of various technologies you plan to invest in; or
• If you have a list of assets of specific company you plan to invest in etc.
• Automated Solution: We optimize our clients’ investment and deliver them maximum value out of their investments. We have developed a fully automated system for identifying key patents from a large portfolio depending upon various parameters. This automated system takes into account both objective parameters such as forward citation, number of independent claims etc.
• Semi-Automated Solution: Though, our automated system is fastest and highly cost effective, however, it can be made more effective by applying the semi-automated solution. Depending upon the clients’ need we change our approach to include both subjective and objective parameters including claim length, ability of overlap, market segment & size etc.
• Manual Solution: Depending on the clients’ requirements, we can also provide an entirely manual approach for ranking patents analysis, wherein the scoring is based on a completely manual analysis. Such an analysis does include all the parameters used in automated and semi‐automated approach, but also the analysis is extended to more subjective parameters, such as, remaining life, number of foreign family members, availability of alive family member, number of office action responses, etc.
Our team develops court ready Evidence of Use (EoU) charts. The report includes mapping of product with claim of the patent.
You can find valuable patents from a pool of thousands of patents through our mining, bucketing & ranking services.
Infringement search report includes list of potentially infringing products with rating based on probable mapping of product with the claim.
Invalidity Search reports include comprehensive study of patent & non-patent prior arts which were likely missed by the Patent Examiner during the prosecution stage.
Contention Review includes thorough examination of validity of mapped evidences against claimed clauses wherein the analysis is supported with appropriate arguments.
Our FTO reports identify any patent(s) or patent applications in a country whose claims would cover the product or process proposed to be commercially exploited.
Patent due diligence reports help corporations/licensing firms in identifying patents worth out-licensing or in-licensing from a large portfolio of patents.
Market Research provides latest trends in market and help our clients in identifying major competitors in the market and seize upon new market opportunities.
Our Brokerage Document (a.k.a. Pitchbook/Sale Document) is a powerful marketing material for pitching sale of a patent portfolio to potential clients.