Case Study 1:
A multinational retail corporation has over 30,000 trademarks and trademark applications and 200 patents in over 70 countries globally. This company has 2 attorneys and 3 IP administrators for handling the prosecution of these applications through a network of patent firms. They needed to make their IP operations leaner and faster.
- MentesoIP deployed two separate teams for clearing backlog instructions and managing regular correspondences
- A web-enabled group mailbox was created and all foreign associates/IP Admins/paralegals were instructed to route all their mails to Mailbox
- After familiarizing themselves with the client-specific requirements within 15 days, the team commenced the live docketing process
- Weekly conference calls were conducted after the process was stabilized. Based on these calls the team maintained an 'Update Tracker' sheet which included all instructions received from client
- To enable priority-wise docketing of mails for timely docketing of critical dates mentioned in the correspondences, a customized 'Email Tracking Tool' was designed for capturing date related information from body of the e-mails.