If wish to buy or sell patents, it is essential to determine the exact monetary value of the patent(s) involved. MentesoIP's patent valuation service is highly useful that can evaluate actual value of a patent by conducting technical research, market research, financial research and various financial modeling methods to determine an optimal value of a patent or a set of patents. Our expert patent analysts are well-versed with patent valuation practices and techniques to gauge the actual present value.
The value of a patent is a function of at least these ten factors:
- What other patents in similar or related technologies or industries have sold for.
- Documented Evidence-of-Use for the patent.
- The patent’s Priority Date and how long the patent has to run.
- How many reverse and forward citations the patent has.
- What foreign patents, other U.S. patents, and applications and/or continuations comprises the patent family.
- The legal status of the patent.
- The industry dynamics of the patent.
- The technical dynamics of the patent.
- The litigation dynamics of the patent.
- The number of other similar patents that have been granted and are current.
MentesoIP offers three patent valuation services. Each is the collaboration of a patent analyst, licensing professional and a senior patent broker.
Basic Patent Valuation: This service provides a current market valuation (low and high values) by reporting and taking into account these metric:
- Forward and reverse citations
- Priority Date and remaining life of the patent
- Number of claims, length of the independent claims and claim strength
- Market analysis
- Technology analysis
- Commercial analysis
- Fair market value range
Enhanced Patent Valuation: This service includes all the elements in the Basic Patent Valuation plus:
- Prosecution metrics
- Legal strength
- Prior Art analysis
- Current and potential commercial use
- Overall patent strength
- Foreign counterpart analysis (if applicable)
Comprehensive Patent Valuation: This is a detailed, in-depth analysis that includes all of the elements in the Basic Patent Valuation and the Enhanced Patent Valuation plus:
- Applicable market coverage
- Key players in the market
- Technology and product review
- Litigation analysis
- Relevant potential buyers
- Relevant potential licensees
- Recommendations to increase the value of the portfolio