Patent Due Diligence
Our Patent Due Diligence service is helpful for buyers and sellers of patent portfolios. The whole solution answers the question of identifying patents worth licensing or patents worth acquiring from a large portfolio of patents. The identification is based on various parameters including patent valuation, underlying technology, and synergy with products, etc.
Every due-diligence inquiry is unique. It requires an individualized approach. The need is to tailor the study to the circumstances. The procedure requires the thorough education of, and full participation by, the intellectual property professional performing the due-diligence analysis. Menteso Experts have developed proven processes and methodologies to tailor the approach. Our tailor-made solutions help our clients in successful transactions.
Patent Due Diligence Process:
The Due diligence process starts with patent portfolio analysis. The portfolio includes hundreds and thousands of patents. A target set of patents is extracted from the portfolio using various scoring methods. We offer automated, semi-automated and manual processes to suit the needs and optimize the budget.
- The extracted patents are further analyzed for Infringement Searches.
- Claim Charts are prepared for selected high-value patents.
- Validity Search is performed to ascertain the validity of the patents.
- File Wrapper and Patent Maintenance History is analyzed and
- Change of Assignment is checked etc.
- As the last step, a Marketing Material is prepared which is used to pitch the high-value patents to potential buyers.