Design Patent Search
It is essential to assess if it is worth investing in the design patent application as the application process will be futile if the examiner finds a similar design during the examination. We at MentesoIP help clients achieve a thorough, detailed and useful design patent search which allows an investment decision on the design patent.
Our design patent searches offer comprehensive results in a lucid format which enables the smooth flow of information.
MentesoIP makes use of a set of knowledge sources to mitigate every peril that might evolve in the process of registration of your “DESIGN” patent. We include all the critical areas of design and innovative ornamental article of manufacture from fonts, computer icons, screen layouts to ornaments, furniture & fittings, beverage bottles and numbers of associated objects.
- 8+ Years of Business, 150+ Full Time Searchers, 50+ Tech Areas, 550+ Design Patent Searches/month.
- Extensive patent and non-patent image resources (scientific literature, journal articles, conference papers, libraries and many more).
- Multi-lingual (16+ Languages) capabilities covering 100+ Countries.
- Search reports help draft applications that not only cover current state-of-the-art but all potential infringements.
- Various report options to suit your budget and completeness demands.
- Searches and manual analysis conducted by subject matter experts, reports include expert comments on each prior-art.
- Quick turnaround to secure the earliest priority date.
What is a design patent?
Design points to the appearance, structure or embellishment of a product. A design patent focusses on the visual appearance of the product rather than the function of the invention.
What is a Design Patent Search?
A Design Patent Search is a search before registration of a design to ensure that your design is unique and similar designs have not been previously registered.
All design searches related to novelty, validity proceedings, clearance searches and landscape projects, require strong analytical abilities to understand the uniqueness and precise elements of each design. Our team at MentesoIP has formulated a detailed standard operating procedure to meet such design search requirements.
Which all databases are used for Design Patent Search?
Databases: We have access to Orbit design, PatBase, Thomson Innovation, XLPAT and Other public databases.
What is the Methodology for Design Patent Search?
We follow a detailed process to scrutinize the important elements of every design.
- Identify design-based classes such as Locarno classes.
- Perform citation search.
- Perform Applicant/Owner based searches
- Perform an extensive search on Non-patent literature and product manuals.
- Segment the design into various key elements and perform a search on each one of them.
- Match a given design to our findings.